Published for over 25 years, Legal 500 series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal service providers, in over 100 countries.
Used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, FDs and professional advisers – as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally – the series is widely regarded as offering the definitive judgement of firm capabilities.
Factors Determining Legal 500 Rankings
Rankings within the directory are based on a number of criteria, focusing on the overall bench strength of the team and the quality of individuals within the team. The directory looks for firms that are, ‘cutting edge and innovative’, by looking at many aspects of a firm to determine so. Both recent and historical work is taken into consideration, as well as feedback from clients.
The in-depth analysis and research carried out makes the directory a trustworthy source for many, and so ranking within The Legal 500 is a great asset to firms like ourselves. It’s unlike any other directory like it in terms of the vast number of firms involved and the extensive research carried out.
How Do Firms Enter the Legal 500?
The Legal 500 recommend that law firms provide a submission if they wish to be included. Take a look at Legal 500’s online resource for information on the new submission system that firms need to adhere to.
How is Legal 500 Distributed?
Traditionally, the directory has been printed into a book each year, with around 18,000 copies produced and distributed. However, from this year, The Legal 500 are going more environmentally-friendly and converting their usual print distribution method to solely online instead. The aim is to make this as user-friendly and accessible as possible, and the submissions process has been updated to match this.
St Pauls Chambers in Legal 500
In the past, endorsements for St Pauls Chambers in The Legal 500 have included the following:
- St Pauls Chambers – “Strong all-rounders”
- Simon Bickler QC “never fails to get the ear of the court”
- James Lake is “without doubt a leading light of the junior Bar in Leeds”
- Jeremy Barnett in Health & Safety and Regulatory “His legal knowledge of the area is exceptional”
- Andrew Haslam is “recommended by fraud work”
- John Harrison is “recommended for prosecuting and defending serious criminal matters”
- Nicola Saxton specialises in matrimonial finance matters and is “astute and hardworking”
- Denise Breen-Lawton is “an intellectually astute barrister, who commands the court”