Steven Crossley's Police Disciplinary Cases
Steven has acted for Offices in Misconduct proceedings brought under the 1999, 2004 and 2008 Regulations. More recently, he has represented a number of Officers under the 2008 Regulations.
- OPERATION LANCET Acted for whistleblower disciplined in relation to length of time taken to disclose activity of Ray Mallon (Robocop) Subsequent PAT successful.
- WORCESTER Represented 3 officers accused of giving false evidence which derailed multi-million pound international car ringing trial at Wood Green Crown Court. 6 week hearing. Presented by John Beggs QC. Case withdrawn against officers.
- WEST YORKSHIRE Acted for inspector in Performance/Supervision allegations concerning his failure to supervise a Sergeant and PC's alleged bullying. Acted for an officer accused of excessive force. Kick to head of detained person.
- SOUTH YORKSHIRE Acted for Inspector. Neglect allegations in failing to investigate a complaint of assault against the police. Acted for Sergeant. Honesty and Integrity allegations arising out of declaration of driver at driver at time of speeding offence.
- LEICESTERSHIRE Acted for CID officer in allegations of discreditable conduct at CID Christmas party.
- WARWICKSHIRE Acted for PC in allegations of Honesty and Integrity. Working whilst on sick leave.
- WILTSHIRE Acted for Custody Sergeant in relation to Misconduct Proceedings arising out of a death in custody. IPCC managed investigation. Presented by John Beggs QC
- DURHAM Acted for two police offices accused of sexually propositioning 3 girls whilst giving them a lift home. (2008 Regs) Acted for PC accused of forming inappropriate relationships with vulnerable women. (2008 Regs)
- NORTHUMBRIA Acted for PC accused of pursuing a vendetta against known paedophiles and breaching confidentiality. Acted for Sergeant accused of sexual harassment of female colleagues. (2008 Regs) Acted for PC accused of a number of undisclosed and inappropriate associations. (2008 Regs)
- HUMBERSIDE Acted for officer accused of using excessive force on arrest. Acted for 5 Officers for Neglect matters arising out of a death in custody. Acted for a PC accused of campaign of harrassment against suspect.
- CLEVELAND Acted for Officers accused of hundreds of acts of unlawfully accessing confidential material on detained persons for onward use in criminal community. Acted for officer accused of excessive use of force.
- MERSEYSIDE Acted for Sergeant accused of Honesty and Integrity allegations arising out of a false declaration of driver re-speeding offence. Acted for PC accused of destroying detained person's property.
- THE MET Acted for an officer in the Anti-Corruption Command accused of assaulting a Guardian journalist.